Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Do Your diving habits change with age?

Think about the type of dive during the initial years of the certification. How to compare these activities, diving habits you have today?

Looking through my diary recently, I realized it was all year in my younger years of diving dove. Depending on where you would think 12 months is diving into standard operating procedure.

But I live in Indiana, and the water is cold start in November and is not noticeably warm until lateMay or early June.

Or we dive into the water in these cold winter months - or we in the south. And a person who is not much chance of starting a career in scuba diving for many warmer waters.

The coldest I find in my dive log book was made in a December day in a quarry near Hidden Paradise Campground, just outside the city of St. Paul, Indiana. This particular pond does not get deeper than ten feet, but the cliffs draw down the water temperaturein the cold months.

The date of this dive was to 17 December 1995, and part of my last log entry in my eyes, as highlighted words (is not). It 's just a little explanation, and it is said. "Hands got cold"

Hence, the water usually contains heat until mid-November, and then cooled quickly. I have never worried about this until recently, but these days I'm afraid after diving in October.

My Scuba Club is just the first 50 years of existence, and if Iare united, the club has a local dive every month, 12 months a year. emerge in recent years to December, January and February in the program just walked away. Most members are now old enough to jump in cold water does not hold much attraction for them.

appear in our March this year, joins the list of "did not happen."

I do not think a loss of a cave dive in March. I also feel the cold penetrates more deeply than I feel good if I jump into the water, that if the freeze not'mThe temperature is cold enough to get my upper and lower teeth slam together hard enough to make me almost spitting chips melt in September

I prefer warm blue water diving in those days.

That the dip in December gave me the coldest I've recorded in a dive. My maximum depth was 20 feet, and I dove in the water temperature of 37 degrees at this depth. The surface temperature was the same, so I suffered the most in the water to go, but I wanted to staya.

I was burning out of the water next to the fireplace for heating was one of the members.

I never challenged dip in January, which always involved cutting a hole in the ice, and I do not see any entries in my log book for February, but once (some years) 10 months a year I dove into the waters Cool Indiana and neighboring states.

When you turn on the diving, I'm glad I made the dive in the cold. Nobody has accused me with much intelligence.

Now, when I thinkon diving from October to March and my thoughts are the tropical islands. I've never seen a dip I do not like much, but the pleasure is not only to start after I'm wet and deep. And every winter I find it difficult to concentrate on the tape of diving equipment and pull me in cold water.

Interesting how our habits Scuba change over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment